Michelle Obama is a wife to the former United States President, Barack Obama. She is an American lawyer and writer, a former First Lady of the United States of America, a mom, an author and a style icon.
The former First lady has always spoken and worked towards equal rights for women, education for girls and healthy living. She is the proper definition of the modern-day revolutionary woman and over the last couple of years, she has been encouraging people everywhere with her incredible words of wisdom and motivation.
Here are the 20 Michelle Obama quotes :
- “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.”
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
- “Being a healthy woman isn’t about getting on a scale or measuring your waistline. We need to start focusing on what matters – on how we feel, and how we feel about ourselves.
4. “As women, we must stand up for ourselves. As women, we must stand up for each other. As women, we must stand up for justice for all.”
- “The only limit to the height of your achievement is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work hard for them.”
- “No matter who you are, no matter where you come from, you are BEAUTIFUL.”
- “You don’t have to say anything to the haters. You don’t have to acknowledge them at all. You just wake up every morning and be the best you can be. And that tends to shut them up.”
- “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contribution of half of its citizens.”
- “Always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody says distract you from your goals.”
- “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you. Let them make you even hungrier to succeed.”
- “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.”
- “The difference between a broken community and a thriving one is the presence of women who are valued.”
- “Choose people who lift you up.”
- “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.”
- “Just do what works for you because there will always be someone who thinks differently.”
- “Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. Trust your instincts, good relationships feel good, they feel right, they don’t hurt.”
- “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar.”
- “Every girl, no matter where she lives, deserves the opportunity to develop the promise inside of her.”
- “The one way to get me to work my hardest was to doubt me.”
- “I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
- “Changing the big picture takes time… and the best thing to do is focus on the things that we can make in our lives. If we’re doing all that – that becomes the collage of real change.”